Careers that make a difference
A municipal public servant makes a difference in the lives of over 400,000 people in the Halifax region. The municipality employs between 3,600-5,000 people annually. You could be one of them.
Mechanics, accountants, bus operators, planners, police and fire services: municipal careers are diverse and hands-on and offer exciting and dynamic opportunities. Municipalities are the closest level of government to the public and employees take pride in making Halifax the best it can be.
Why working for the municipality could work for you
If you are committed to public service, have a desire to learn, grow, and give back to the community through your work, you may be the right fit for our organization.
We also offer:
- competitive salaries and benefit packages
- diverse career opportunities
- professional development
Please note that by applying from a personal computer you may only see external career opportunities. Internal postings are only available to view on the internal employee intranet.
Halifax Regional Municipality’s Response to COVID-19
Halifax Regional Municipality maintains an ongoing commitment to take important steps in reducing the spread of COVID-19, as the health and safety of our citizens and employees is our top priority.
We have implemented the following measures to protect you and prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Interviews, testing, and in-person recruitment activities are being conducted in adherence with current COVID-19 Public Health protocols. Please note: Candidates are required to wear a non-medical mask inside all municipal buildings.
- Applicants must follow all Nova Scotia Public Health guidelines prior to attending any in-person recruitment activities. If you experience COVID-19-like symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19, please use the self-serve tools available to determine if you need a COVID-19 test.
- If you are unable to attend your scheduled appointment for any reason, please contact your recruiter. Virtual options (online video conference or teleconference) may be available in some circumstances. In-person assessments or interviews can be rescheduled by contacting your HR representative or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org