Call 311 if:
- You see debris on HRM property that requires a cleanup
- Someone left garbage/recycling /debris etc. on yours or a neighbour’s property
- You see garbage on the side of a municipal road that requires a cleanup
Call the police if:
- You see someone currently dumping debris and they’re still in the area
- You see something that requires clean up on the side of a provincial road
Halifax Regional Municipality is not responsible for removing illegally dumped material from private property. Property owners should place the dumped material curbside for collection on their regular garbage day or make arrangements for the material to be removed from their property.