- Support/advice HRM affinity groups such as the Racially Visible Employee Caucus (RVEC), the African Nova Scotian (racially visible women and gender diverse network)
- Work with HRM Finance department to provide support on the Land Title Initiative, led by the Nova Scotia Department of Natural Resources (DNR).
- Lead and support HRM and its business units in planning events, initiatives, and learning opportunities to acknowledge and celebrate African Heritage Month.
- Provide support to Planning and Development when engaging the ANS community of Beechville with respect to issues surrounding boundaries and zoning.
- Work with the Halifax Economic Growth Plan strategy team on a project charter for the development of the ANS Economic Development Action Plan.
- Collaborate with the provincial office of African Nova Scotian Affairs on a tri-community initiative in response to the UN International Decade for People of African Descent
- Develop and offer “Reaching out from an Afrocentric Place” to all HRM employees monthly to provide education on culturally proficient ways and specific strategies to engage African Nova Scotian communities and address Anti-Black racism.
- Lead “Community Circles” to share HRM information on specific services and opportunities with ANS communities, and have a mutual dialogue to identify barriers facing ANS community members
- Ongoing expertise, consultation, and advice to all Business Units as the need arises
The Halifax Regional Municipality is advising residents of the following evacuation area update. The municipality has started the recovery phase. Residents can continue to expect regular updates summarizing key developments.