If you have recently arrived in Canada as a refugee and are living in Halifax, you can get free access to Halifax Transit and recreation facilities and programs for one year with a Welcomed in Halifax pass.
How can I get a Welcomed in Halifax pass?
The pass is free to protected persons living in the Halifax region, including:
- government assisted refugees
- privately sponsored refugees
- refugees coming with the blended visa office-referred program
- refugee claimants who have had their refugee process approved by the Canada Refugee Board
- Ukrainian nationals coming under the Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel (CUAET) program
To qualify, you must have arrived (or had your status approved) after November 24, 2015.
Where do I get the Welcomed in Halifax card?
The Immigrant Services Association of Nova Scotia (ISANS) will provide you with your Welcomed in Halifax card. All private sponsors must contact ISANS to collect the cards. The Halifax Refugee Clinic can also contact ISANS to help get your card for you.