Situated in the south end of the Halifax peninsula, this historic 75-hectare wooded area is a great spot for walking your dog, running, biking, or just sitting on a bench contemplating the ocean. Much of the park is wheelchair-accessible. Explore the park using our interactive map, which you’ll find at the bottom of this page.
Park visitors can enjoy:
The park can be booked for weddings and special events.
Location and hours
Point Pleasant Park is open from 5 a.m. to 12 a.m. (midnight).
The Point Pleasant Park lost and found office is located at the Park Maintenance Building, 5718 Point Pleasant Drive. You can call the park office at 902.490.4700.
Parking lot hours
- Lower lot: inside gate locked at 8 p.m and outside gate locked at 10 p.m.
- Upper lot (Tower Road): no gate, no locking
Point Pleasant Park rules
All parks in the Halifax region are governed by Municipal By-Law P-600.
- No open fires, including charcoal BBQs.
- No camping.
- Do not remove or damage flowers or trees.
- No vehicles permitted unless you get a pass issued by the park office
Dogs in Point Pleasant Park
The majority of Point Pleasant Park is an off-leash park, except for the following areas:
- Sailors Memorial Way: no dogs allowed after 10 a.m.
- Cambridge Drive: dogs must be on-leash at all times
- Parking lots: dogs must be on-leash at all times
Weekend Bike Access
Cyclists are permitted to ride on designated trails during Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.