The Municipal Archives holds many photographs depicting Point Pleasant Park, described in the following listing. Many images have been digitized and samples of them can be viewed in the above slide gallery, on our Flickr page, or in our online database.
Tourism Halifax photographs (series 102-104)
- 102-104-A-5 Point Pleasant Park, 1970-1996. Includes 22 photographs of Point Pleasant Park (digitized).
- 102-104-H-2 Beaches, 1970-1996. 9 photographs, including several of Black Rock Beach (not digitized).
Committee on Works - Works Department photographs (sub-series 102-39-1)
- 102-39-1-1123 Point Pleasant Park, [196-?]. 8 photographs showing various paths and spots throughout the park (digitized).
- 102-39-1-1124 Point Pleasant Park [buildings], . 4 photographs showing the outbuildings in the park, including the canteen, the Caretaker’s house, and the Superintendent’s office (digitized).
Halifax Fire Department - Fire scene photographs (sub-series 102-111-4-5)
- 102-111-4-5-10 Point Pleasant Park Canteen fire, [196-?]. 12 photographs (not digitized)
- 102-111-4-5.114 to 102-111-4-5.116 Point Pleasant Park Canteen [fire aftermath], [196-?]. 3 photographs (digitized)
Recreation Department photographs - Recreation facilities - Point Pleasant Park, 1973, 1977, [197-?] (102-106-1-1-147 to 102-106-1-1-149)
3 photographs of people enjoying Point Pleasant Park in winter (digitized).
Lou Collins fonds, 1879-2006 (CR30)
- [Harbour and Arm Views], Pam Collins photographs, 1965-1987 (CR30K-5-1). Images taken from and of Halifax Harbour, including views of they city skylines, the Halifax and Dartmouth sides of the harbour, container ports, wharves, oil refinery, naval piers, ships in the water, Point Pleasant Park (40 photographs, not yet digitized).
- Pam Collins photographs - Architecture - [Point Pleasant Park], 1975-1989 (CR30K-1-24). Images of various notable park features (150 photographs, 28 digitized).
- Postcards, 1905-[197-?] (CR30E-1). Postcards collected by Lou Collins depicting various local scenes and landmarks, including many of Point Pleasant Park (304 postcards, some digitized).
Ernie Reksten's business trip photographs of Halifax and Dartmouth - Halifax - Point Pleasant Park stand built 1881, 1956 (CR25-28)
Ernie Reksten was a travelling salesman and compulsive photographer who came to Halifax on a business trip in 1956 and photographed, among other things, the park’s gazebo/bandstand (30 photographs, digitized).
Graham Lavers fonds - Photography Teaching slides, 1988-1989 (CR40-23)
Graham Lavers was a professional photographer who often worked for the City of Halifax to document its landmarks and special events, and who also taught photography at community college. Among his teaching photographs are 4 photographs of the park (digitized).
Nola Stoddart WWII collection, 1940-1967 (CR56)
Nola Stoddart and her family collected many WWII-era mementoes, including photographs of Point Pleasant Park’s gates and the Prince of Wales Martello Tower. 3 photographs (digitized).
Major Lewis DeMone photos of Halifax, 1942-1984 (CR63)
This series includes several aerial photographs of military installations, including an overhead view of Fort Ogilvie in Point Pleasant Park.