HERRING COVE ROAD (HCR) NEW BIKE LANE & SIDEWALK (Action 69)
In 2020, significant upgrades were completed on a 700m section of Herring Cove Road extending south from Sylvia Avenue.
Key features included:
• 700m of new sidewalks & buffered unidirectional bicycle lanes
• Sidewalk extension on both sides of the road
• Grassy boulevards with street trees help to visually narrow the roadway & reduce vehicular speed along this section.
• Upgrade of the pedestrian crosswalk to include RA-5 flashing beacons.
• Future connectivity with sidewalks & bike lanes proposed as part of Herring Cove Road Corridor Study (recently approved by Council).
These improvements fill a longstanding gap in the network and improve pedestrian connectivity and transit accessibility in a high density residential area, and will be further enhanced by future connectivity proposed as part of the Herring Cove Road Functional Plan.