The Emera Oval is closed for the Winter 2021 Season. Residents are welcome to use the surface with their own equipment. Please note helmets are mandatory for all users and there is no access to the Oval washrooms, rental equipment, or first aid at this time.
Please remember that helmets are mandatory at all times when using the Emera Oval. Individuals who are biking, scootering, or skateboarding without a helmet may be subject to fines in accordance with provincial legislation.
Helmets are for your safety and have been proven to reduce the risk of brain injury. You could also be fined $151.25 under the Motor Vehicle Act and have your wheeled transportation seized for up to 30 days for failing to wear your helmet.
Please note that individuals are required to wear a helmet for all wheeled activities whether on public or private lands and roads, skate parks or playgrounds.
- scooters (both self-propelled and motorized)
A proper helmet should:
- Fit comfortably on top of your head and sit low on your forehead, just above the eyebrow.
- Not move if you shake your head.
- Have an outer shell, inner protective liner, chin straps that hold the helmet firmly in place, and adjustable sizing pads.
- Meet CPSC, CSA or Snell standards.
For additional information on helmet safety see the website below: