Renting the Reception Hall
The St. Mary's Boat Club is located at 1641 Fairfield Road, Halifax, NS. The club's upper level features a spacious reception hall with beautiful hardwood floors, a stage area, and a well-equipped kitchen. The club grounds offer a breathtaking view of the Northwest Arm, with a large deck, expansive lawns, and ample parking space. The reception hall is available for rent all year round and is a popular venue for parties, wedding receptions, and corporate functions.
Contact us to book!
Call us: 902.490.4688
DETOUR NOTE: CN Bridges Rehabilitation Project has closed the bridge on Jubilee Road. It is closed to all vehicles, cyclists, and pedestrians. Access to the neighbourhood, including the St Mary’s Boat Club, is available from Quinpool Road via Prince Arthur Street. Click here for more information and an updated map of the detour.
Reception Hall Capacity
The reception hall can hold 200 people, which includes the HRM Building Monitor, DJ or Band members, guests, etc.
What is included in my rental?
Your rental of St. Mary’s Boat Club’s includes the following:
- 17 rectangular tables 2.5’ x 8’
- 3 rectangular tables 2.5’ x 6’
- 1 rectangular tables 2.5 ’x 5’
- 19 round tables 5’ diameter (seats 8)
- 200 chairs
- Kitchen, including a fridge, oven, freezer, and microwave
- Air conditioning
All other items (catering, dishes, linens, equipment, decorations, bar service, music) are the responsibility of the renter.
Please note: SMBC staff is available on-site during the event as a building monitor only.
Hours for Special Event Bookings
The St. Mary's Boat Club can be booked any day of the week. Contact us for more details.
St. Mary’s Boat Club Rental Fees
Weddings & Special Event Rentals (10:00 am - 1:00 am):
Full-day rental fees:
- April 1, 2023 to March 31, 2024: $739.50 +tax
- April 1, 2024 to March 31, 2025: $754.29 +tax
Music fees may apply. If you have music, you’ll need to pay the SoCan and Resound fees.
- ReSound Dance Fee: $30.62
- SoCan Dance Fee: $68.05
Deposit: To reserve your spot, we require a deposit of $200 that can be paid in cash, cheque, debit, Visa, MasterCard, or American Express. Additionally, you'll need to sign a rental agreement. As long as all the guidelines are followed and there is no damage to the facility, the deposit will be refunded within 5 business days after the event.
Hourly Rentals for meetings and other events:
If you don't require the hall for the full day, you can book it at an hourly rate.
Hourly Reception Hall Rentals – Weekdays | Daytime: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- April 1, 2023 to March 31, 2024: $102.00 +tax
- April 1, 2024 to March 31, 2025: $104.04 +tax
Hourly Reception Hall Rentals – Evenings (5:00pm-Midnight) and weekends
- April 1, 2023 to March 31, 2024: $142.80 +tax
- April 1, 2024 to March 31, 2025: $145.66 +tax
Venue Availability Calendar
This calendar shows the confirmed bookings for the Reception Hall. This calendar will be updated each Monday (excluding Holidays).
Rules and other considerations
The main level (reception hall) of the boat club is wheelchair accessible.
- Bar Service & Liquor License
If you plan on offering a bar service at your wedding or event, you will need a catering or private bar service company to provide this service.
- The Caterer/Bar Service Company is responsible to obtain the appropriate Liquor License
- The Caterer/Bar Service Company will purchase all alcohol, manage and operate the bar and is responsible for all clean up including disposal of surplus products and empty containers
- The Caterer/Bar Service Company will provide a Certificate of Insurance evidencing proof of Commercial General Liability insurance with limits of not less than Five Million Dollars ($5,000,000.) and with liquor not excluded; name Halifax Regional Municipality as Additionally Insured under their policy and review their operating procedures with Staff
- (Recommendation) The Caterer/Bar Service Company is responsible to ensure that all staff serving or selling alcohol have obtained their Serve Right Certificate
- Liquor License Information
If you are serving alcohol at your event, a copy of your liquor license must be shown to us, two weeks prior to your event. More information on Liquor License can be found here: https://beta.novascotia.ca/special-occasion-liquor-licence-class-1-2-and-3
The consumption, possession, and/or selling of alcoholic beverages at St. Mary’s Boat Club is permitted by license permit only. The license must be posted, and no alcohol can be consumed or sold outside the times stated on the license.
Monday through Friday, hourly rentals require a 30-day notice to receive a full refund on the rental charge. Weddings & special events require a 90-day notice to receive the full refund, however $200.00 deposit will not be refunded. Full rental fees will be charged for bookings made or cancelled less than 90 days of the booking date (non-refundable)
- Set up & Tear Down
As the renter, it is your responsibility to set up and tear down the event. All events must come to an end at 12 midnight, at which point the music will stop, lights will come on, and guests are expected to leave. Clean-up should be completed between 12 midnight and 1:00 am. Please ensure that you have a sufficient number of people in your tear-down team to finish the work within one hour.
- Tables and chairs to be returned to the proper storage area.
- Garbage must be separated for recycling.
- Full bags should be tied off and left in the kitchen for removal by maintenance staff.
- Kitchen (if used) should be wiped down
- All personal items must be removed.
- Rented items that are being dropped off and picked up by a rental company are the only items that can be left overnight on the stage for pickup between 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. the next day. (Please advise staff of this in advance)
- Music and Sound Levels
The St. Mary's Boat Club has an exemption to the noise bylaw that allows weddings and events with amplified sound to occur until midnight.
St. Mary’s Boat Club is a non-smoking facility.