The Sackville Sports Stadium is a multi-purpose facility that offers programs and services in the areas of fitness, sport, wellness, arts, crafts, and general leisure programs, servicing Sackville and its surrounding communities.
Sackville Sports Stadium has:
- fitness centre
- two swimming pools (one leisure pool)
- skating arena
- curling arena (September to March)
- indoor fieldhouse (April to August)
- two studios
- Rec Zone: community multi-purpose room
- Cycle Zone: indoor cycling studio
- Training Zone: specialized training facility
- child care (mornings only) for members using the facility
- meeting rooms
The fitness centre at Sackville Sports Stadium is open:
Monday to Thursday: 5:15 a.m.–10:30 p.m.
Friday: 5:15 a.m.–10:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
You’ll find the following equipment at the Fitness Centre at the Sackville Sports Stadium:
- 7 Precor recumbent bikes, 2 Expresso bikes, 2 Keiser spin bikes & 2 Star Trac upright bikes
- 4 Concept II rowers
- 11 Precor treadmills & 1 Life Fitness treadmill
- 6 Elliptical CXT’s, 2 seated lateral Octane elliptical & 1 Lateral X elliptical
- 3 Precor AMT
- 1 Stairmaster Gauntlet & 1 Stairmaster Stepper
- 1 Scifit Ergometer
- 9 Piece Nautilus One Circuit & 15 Piece Nautilus Nitro Circuit
- variety of Atlantis Selectorized Hammer Strength Plate Loaded
- 4 Power Racks
- Olympic lifting station
- 4 free weight benches, 1 decline & 1 incline bench press
- 6 stack Precor Cable System
- Life Fitness cable station & Free Motion cable station
- 2 Precor seated stretchers & 1 true stretcher
- 2 Core Total Gyms
- variety of body bars, Swiss balls, kettlebells, barbells
- many sets of dumbbells and steel dumbbells 20–160 pounds
- locker rooms
Certified personal trainers are on staff to help you meet your fitness goals. Various registration and price options are available.
The Aquatic Centre at the Sackville Sports Stadium offers the following services:
- swimming lessons for all ages
- aquatic leadership programs
- group fitness classes
- specialty programs
The large pool has a temperature between 27-28 degrees. The shallowest part of the pool is 3 feet and the deepest part of the large pool is 10 feet. Some added features include slide, diving board, and rope.
The leisure pool is usually 30 degrees. The shallowest part of the pool is 2.5 feet deep and the maximum is 4 feet. The Leisure pool has a small slide for young children as well as a mushroom waterfall.
The public swim schedule includes:
- access to early bird swims
- lane swims
- parent and child swims
- after-school swims
- everyone welcome swims
See the complete public swim schedule for Sackville Sports Stadium.
The Arena at the Sackville Sports Stadium offers:
- ice rentals
- public skating
- shinny (drop-in hockey) for adults and youth
- yearly free themed skates for the community:
Winter Wonderland skate