Children must be accompanied by an adult in the water if under the age of eight. Family swims must have adults in the water regardless of age.
- 1 adult for every 3 children under 6 years old
- 1 adult for every 6 children aged 6–7 years old
Swimming programs and activities at Halifax pools
Pools in Halifax offer many levels of swimming lessons and activities, for all ages and abilities. Check the swimming calendar for schedules for the following activities:
- adult lessons (including private and semi-private lessons)
- aquacise/aquafit arthritis therapy
- instructor and lifeguard training programs
- preschool swim classes
- Red Cross Swim Kids (for children aged six and up)
- youth swim
- specialty courses, including:
- synchronized swimming
- first aid training
- junior lifeguard
Browse the various programs on halifax.ca/myREC which include complete descriptions, levels, and availability.
Don’t know what level you are? Call the Aquatics team at 902.420.7946 for help.
Regional pools (Non-HRM Operated)